Getting a new car is one of life’s pleasures. Whether you’re looking for something family friendly or something stylish and sporty that’s just for you, make it happen with our low cost car loans. Having the money in your pocket will help you secure the best possible price. For more advice on haggling, we caught up with motoring expert Quentin Wilson…
1. Never pay the asking price. Try for a 20% discount
2. Try bag some freebies such as free servicing or insurance
3. For used cars, insist on seeing the car's service history, which can add 10% to a used car’s resale
4. Time your purchase around when dealers have monthly or quarterly targets to hit
5. Don't get too emotionally involved when negotiating – just put yourself forward and do it
Use the calculator below to get a quote for a £10,000 loan over 2 to 5 years from Hitachi Personal Finance.
Representative Example A Hitachi loan of £10,000 over 5 years: rate of interest 3.2% (fixed), 3.2% Apr Representative, monthly repayment of £180.38, total charge for credit £822.80, total repayment of £10,822.80
Remember, the rate you are offered may vary due to personal circumstances and loan amount.